We have lots of experience of supporting families to carry their babies and children, in all sorts of circumstances. During the current social distancing situation we will be offering virtual support and no-contact carrier loans and sales. Rest assured that all of our carriers will be washed between hire periods and we will be taking appropriate handling and hygiene measures during this time.
If you have your own carrier at home and need some help getting started or troubleshooting issues, you can book a 15 minute session for £5.
All carrier loans and sales will include a 15 minute session to show you how to use your carrier.
If you would ordinarily have chosen a longer in-person consultation, get in touch and we can arrange a longer virtual session charged in blocks at £5/15mins.
No-contact sling hire
If you live in an RH1, RH2 or RH6 postcode, we are offering free delivery of carriers on Thursdays. We will leave slings in one of our bags on your doorstep, knock on the door and leave, so you need to be in so that you can bring it inside!
If you live outside of this area or will be out on Thursdays, you can collect from Charlotte’s doorstep in Earlswood, Redhill on other weekdays.
We have changed our hire pricing slightly to accommodate these changes. Minimum hires will now be 2 weeks long at £15, and we are temporarily extending the long-term hire scheme that applied to our stretchy wraps to ALL of our carriers. This means you can hire for a 12 week period for just £30. Extensions of any hires will be at a temporary lower rate of £5/fortnight.
How it works
This will all be processed through our lending system. You’ll need to register and will then be able to reserve a sling for delivery or collection, add money to your account to pay for the hire, and arrange a call so we can get you started once you have your sling.
1. Register on the site and add free ‘user’ membership.
2. For quick help with your own sling, go to the events icon and book a £5 slot for a call.
3. To arrange a hire, choose an available sling* and press on the ‘Borrow/reserve’ button. Click ‘choose date’ and select a slot for delivery or collection. Press ‘add to basket’ then ‘reserve’. Once the reservation is complete, please go to your account/profile to add money to pay for your hire. To take advantage of our long term rate, book your sling for 4 weeks and we will extend it to 12 for you.
3. If you have booked delivery to RH1, RH2 or RH6, your carrier will be delivered on a Thursday. If you have booked collection, you will be sent Charlotte’s number to text and arrange a time for the sling to be left outside her house. Please note all sling hires must be paid for before delivery or collection by clicking ‘add money’ in your account.
4. Go to the ‘events’ icon and book a time period for your included video call to get you started with your carrier. We’ll text you 10mins before we call to make sure it’s a good time.
*we’re working on a flow chart to help you narrow down your options!
We think ALL families should have access to good slings, but sometimes they can be expensive. Families in need can access free sling hire through our Carrying All Families scheme. Supporting new families and helping them to keep their babies and toddlers close is at the very heart of what we do. Being held often … Continue reading Carrying All Families