We have lots of experience of supporting families to carry their babies and children, in all sorts of circumstances. Our services have been disrupted by Covid-19, but we can still help; read on to find out more.
We’re offering no-contact carrier loans and sales (Hana stretchies and Integra buckled carriers), supplemented with virtual support. Our working days will be Tuesdays (admin) and Thursdays (delivery). Feel free to contact us outside of those times but you may need to wait a few days for a response! Rest assured that all of our carriers will be washed between hire periods and we will be taking appropriate handling and hygiene measures during this time.
For anything we’re not able to offer, we heartily recommend our friends over at It’s A Sling Thing, who are virtual sling support experts!
No-contact sling hire
If you live in an RH1, RH2 or RH6 postcode, we’ll be doing a round of free deliveries on Thursdays. We will leave slings in one of our bags on your doorstep, knock on the door and leave, so you need to be in so that you can bring it inside!
If you live outside of this area or will be out on Thursdays, you can collect from Charlotte’s doorstep in Earlswood, Redhill on Tuesdays.
We have changed our hire pricing slightly to accommodate these changes. Minimum hires will now be 2 weeks long at £15, and we are temporarily extending the long-term hire scheme that applied to our stretchy wraps to ALL of our carriers. This means you can hire for a 12 week period for just £30. Extensions of any hires will be at a temporary lower rate of £5/fortnight.
How it works
This will all be processed through our lending system. You’ll need to register and will then be able to reserve a sling for delivery or collection and add money to your account to pay for the hire.
1. Register on the site and add free ‘user’ membership.
2. To arrange a hire, choose an available sling* and press on the ‘Borrow/reserve’ button. Click ‘choose date’ and select a slot for delivery or collection. Press ‘add to basket’ then ‘reserve’. Once the reservation is complete, please go to your account/profile to add money to pay for your hire. To take advantage of our long term rate, book your sling for 4 weeks and we will extend it to 12 for you.
3. If you have booked delivery to RH1, RH2 or RH6, your carrier will be delivered on a Thursday. If you have booked collection, you will be sent Charlotte’s number to text and arrange a time for the sling to be left outside her house. Please note all sling hires must be paid for before delivery or collection by clicking ‘add money’ in your account.
4. Once your hire has been checked out to you on your delivery or collection day, you’ll receive an emailed link to our Client Resources area, which has videos and links to manufacturer’s instructions to get you started. We are still here to help and are happy to do a free video call if you have hired a sling and are struggling to get it working for you- just pop us a message and we’ll arrange a time.
5. At the end of your hire, return your carrier to Charlotte’s in Earlswood. We’ll send you details when your hire period is nearly up.
*we’re working on a flow chart to help you narrow down your options! You can always contact us if you’re stuck.
We think ALL families should have access to good slings, but sometimes they can be expensive. Families in need can access free sling hire through our Carrying All Families scheme. Supporting new families and helping them to keep their babies and toddlers close is at the very heart of what we do. Being held often … Continue reading Carrying All Families